Who are we?
Future For Nature (FFN) is a non-profit organisation that supports young, talented and ambitious conservationists committed to protecting species of wild animals and plants. Each year FFN organises the Future For Nature Award Event where three winners are given the prestigious Future For Nature Award and €50,000 to spend where it’s most needed. The FFN team currently consists of two coordinators working at the office. The team is also supported by the board and many volunteers. The office is located in Burgers’ Zoo, Arnhem. This means your work place has a view of the penguins. How great is that!
FFN is looking for an intern that is driven, organised and can work independently. You will be supporting the two office coordinators in their work. Your daily tasks will be focused mainly on communication, organising events and office work. A few of the daily tasks are:
- Organising upcoming events
- Writing texts for the website and newsletter
- Working on the FFN website (WordPress)
- Creating overviews and planning of various event related projects
- Doing office work such as archiving, responding to emails, and social media statistics
Besides the office work four days a week, you will spend one day a week on your own research.
- You are fluent in the Dutch and English language in written and in speech.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are competent in writing texts for website and social media.
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach and will flourish in a small office environment.
- Capable to work as part of team and on own initiative.
- Interest in wildlife conservation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is welcomed, but not required.
What can we offer you?
If you want to contribute to an organisation that wants to make a difference in nature conservation, FFN is the place for you! We can offer you a dynamic, fun and educational work placement in a great environment. You can spend your lunch roaming the zoo and see the animals you help protect in the wild. We also offer you time to work on your own research.
Do you see yourself as an intern with FFN next semester? Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your letter of motivation and resume.